Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yarn Along ~ May 11, 2011

IMG_7076

I have mentioned in my last post that I am readin Sense and Sensibility.  I have tried to read it before, but have struggled with it.  I think that happens sometimes when we see a movie too often... it can make it hard to read the book if you know the story so well.  This time, however, I am booking along.  I love getting rolled up in a good fiction story!  It has been so long.

As for yarn, I am crocheting one of my favorite patterns!  Baby Dress by Marianne Cant (you might recoginze that little girl in the photos on the page about 3 or 4 down).  Hey, look at that!  Marianne and I am reading about a Marianne.  I didn't realize how it all fit so nicely, lol.  Anyway, I adore this pattern and wanted to make another one for Sweet Pea.  I am doing it in a 1/2 mm larger hook with a worsted weight cotton yarn instead of fingering.  Hopefully it will fit her for this summer.  I need to measure it on her!  Better do that tomorrow!

See more at Ginny's!

7 comments:

  1. I do like that dress! I don't do much crochet, but that might get me back hooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little dress. Amy, I wonder if you have a "pattern" for burp cloths for crochet. My neighbor is expecting twin girls and I wanted to crochet a few, as I know it would take so much longer to knit them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good book and a beautiful crocheted dress! What a great combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is lovely! I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello...I love the color you chose...looks like such a pretty dress. I do enjoy crocheting and knitting (a little) and am also homeschooling...nice to "meet" you! I found your link on Ginny's "Yarn Along."

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really beautiful dress, I've just checked out the pattern on Ravelry... !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful color of yarn...I'll have to look up that pattern for when my crochet urges strike...sometimes I am compelled to forsake two needles for my first love of the hook. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.