Friday, June 3, 2011

Buttercup's New Duds

IMG_8819

Well, I was feeling sorry for her, since I was making so many things for her little sister, so I dug out a pattern and all the goodies I got awhile back and finally made this dress.  I was to chicken back then, nervous about actually sewing it.

IMG_8820

I am glad I didn't do it back then, because this pattern (sorry to say) was written so poorly I would have ended up crying and would not have attempted to sew again for at least 5 years.

IMG_8810

Luckily, having a few dresses under my belt now (lol) I figured out what a mess it was and was able to make it, after forgetting about the instructions.

IMG_8824

After seeing how I had a little ribbon left I decided to try and make a bit of a head band for Buttercup too. I just attached some elastic to the ends of the ribbon and sewed on a bow.

IMG_8808

I am so glad she likes it. She told me it is a very special princess ballerina dress that she can wear to church and Little Flowers. And apparently for running around the yard, too.

IMG_8802

She didn't want to take it off, but then decided since she wanted to wear it to church, she would take it off... 

for now.

6 comments:

  1. CUTE! Good job on your fun sewing projects lately!! FUN FUN FUN! Now, I am wondering - preference... sewing, knitting, crocheting, doodling... a favorite among the fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the dress Amy. You did a great job and the headband is a good idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's super cute, Amy!! Dress, headband, everything! Great job!

    She looks looks very pleased, indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an adorable dress! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress and the headband! So cute! I only wish I could sew that well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.