Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ July 5th, 2011



Outside my window...
A robin just landed on the fence above our bountiful grapes.  Blue sky, going to be a hot one, I fear.

I am thinking...
About cleaning!  I am actually just taking a break right now before I jump back into the fray.  It just so needs to be done.  The first trimester ickies have taken a toll on the house.

I am thankful for...
Prayer Warriors!  I can't thank you all enough for your prayers for Daisy.  I am astounded everyday by the people telling me they are praying for my baby (OK, she is 12, but she will always be my baby).  Knowing that there are so many united in prayer for her well being gives me such strength and I know it does for her too.

THANK YOU!

From the lesson plans...
It is summer!  Play, play, and play.  Oh and read, read, and read!

From the kitchen...
I will tell you my sad tale.  Yesterday for the fourth, Hubby took all the big kids to the local parade.  I am not good in crowds, not in any way, shape, or form, so I stayed home with Bear and Sweet Pea.  I was feeling pretty good so I started making potato salad.  I have not been cooking much since the ickies.  Anyway, I then started to make baked beans.  Then I started to make cheesecake.  I only made cheesecake once before and thought how grand it would be for our 4thof July dessert.
Well, after all this insanity, I put the cheesecake in the oven and Hubby came home.  I informed him that I had to take a nap and to wake me up when the cheesecake was done. 
He did.  So I asked if he would take it out of the oven and put it on the cooling rack.  He took this to mean tell Rose to take it out of the spring form.  Despite her feeling this wasn’t right I walked into the kitchen just to see it collapse.
Still edible.  So I waited for it to cool some more and put it on a plate, so I could refrigerate it.  Later, Same poor Rose, went to get some cheese out of the fridge for the salad she was making (watermelon, mozzarella, and basil… amazing!) and knocked the cheesecake.
It landed face down on the not clean kitchen floor.
It was not meant to be.  Sniffle.

I am wearing...
A bandana on my head (remember the cleaning, lol), a pair of capris and a green shirt.

I am creating...
Not much!  I have been so tired or busy that the creative endeavors have taken a back seat.  Which is not good for the sanity, if you know what I mean.  I have been able to squeak a few rows of knitting in, but that is it.

I am reading...
I found Sense and Sensibility, so I am reading that again.  And also Teaching Your Own by Farringa and Holt.

I am hoping...
To hear from the hospital soon so we can make plans for Daisy’s surgery.

I am hearing...
Bear is singing the Perry the Platypus theme song behind me.  Too much Phineas and Ferb, I fear.

Around the house...
Cleaning!  And packing.  The big girls are heading off to camp soon.

I am going...
Everywhere!  Hopefully up to Jessica’s tomorrow for some Saintly Fun.  And then picking the girls up from camp later.  I think a trip to the water park might be in order sometime soon.

One of my favorite things...
Cheese.  I really like cheese.

I am praying for...
As you might know, last week was pretty hard for us.  But the failed procedure wasn’t all.  The day Daisy went into the hospital for her procedure we found out my husband’s half-brother passed away and his uncle went into the hospital due to his diabetes (he is home now and doing better).  It is simply overwhelming how many prayers are being said around here.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Some Saintly Fun
  • Another road trip this time east instead of north
  • Water Park
  • Eat lots of cheese



A picture thought...


Daisy in front of Doernbechers Children's Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.