Friday, July 29, 2011

Bloomin' Dishcloth

corner dishclothEarlier yesterday, I got a very brief moment to look at my Google Reader (things got a little wild there near the end and I ended up running a certain five year old to the doctor with a plastic bottle cap stuck to her finger, among other things, lol) and saw this: Blooming Flower Cushion.  Don't you just love the way Lucy uses color?  Goodness, I wish I had the same talent!

Anyway, I kept thinking how it was so cute.  And then I thought about how I needed some new dishcloths.  And then I thought, you know I think I will make something similar to what Lucy did but for my kitchen sink.  

I grabbed all the cotton yarn I could find in the house (there wasn't much selection, so my colors are no where near as pretty as Lucy's things... then again if it was too pretty I may not want to use it for a dishcloth!!).  

I didn't do the exact same pattern as Lucy, so I realized that it was going to need a back too, since it is not solid.  Then I thought, why not a little handle?  And why not a leaf or two, just for fun?  We will see if I ever go that far with it, lol, after all it is only a dishcloth.  I did think though, all those bumps and such would be good for scrubbing!

IMG_1279
Sorry, I could not get a very good picture!  The colors are really off.  Humpf.

So anyway, it is not done yet, but I was having so much fun working away at it last night while we watched an old 4th season Doctor Who (I am not so patiently waiting for the 6th season on Netflix).  So much fun, I wanted to share it with you before I even finished it.

It has been fun to do a little crochet again... which is good, since I have a doll to make before a certain baby is born for the winner of the baby contest!

4 comments:

  1. That is waaaaaaay too pretty to use as a dishcloth! I forbid you! But it is a really cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thank you Charlotte! I just finished it and tossed it by the sink though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, those nubby petals are going to come in handy! Just gorgeous.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool!! I love it. You could also make one to use as a trivet/hot pad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.