Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Yarn Along ~ August 17, 2011

Doubling your yarn along pleasure this week, I am sharing with you two books and two projects!  And if that wasn't fancy enough, one project is knit and then other crochet!

IMG_2780

I quite spoiled myself recently and bought two books!  I am really excited about them.  One is The Rhythm of Family and the other is Playful Learning.  I have only gotten to look through Rhythm of the Family so far, and love it as I do all Amanda Blake Soule's books.

As for my yarning along, I am working on the tea leaves sweater.  I don't know why, but I am LOVING making this.  It is going fairly quickly and I am just so happy with how it is coming out.  My other project is a crochet Saint Therese doll.  I am making her a little different from the usual, as you can see by her fancy trim skirt, lol.  And don't forget you can win the doll sometime next month when Charlotte has her cupcake if you enter this contest (scroll down to the guessing game about the baby or just click this link: Expect.com -- only 30 people have guessed so far!) at Shower of Roses.

For more yarning along visit Ginny at Small Things!  If you have time and are not a usual reader of Small Things (which you probably are if you are here looking at this post, lol) check out her post How We Do What We Do.  A wonderful conversation about how we should never compare ourselves to others, less we find failure.  Every family's rhythm is a blessing, embrace it!

14 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm having major covet issues. If I have to go to confession it's all your fault, Amy! lol ;)
    Both of those books are on my wish list and I love all the Tea Leaves Sweaters I've been seeing. Yours looks so pretty in that shade of blue, too!
    btw, that was such a great post Ginny wrote. I always leave her blog feeling peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour for your Tea Leaves project - looks like it is coming along nicely.

    Enjoy the crochet dolly she looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea Leaves Sweater looks so fluffy and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of those books are on my must-read list, and I love your projects. That sweater will be just beautiful and I am sure the doll will be much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I love your work!
    The sweater color is beautiful, and I have long coveted (can I admit that here?) the St Therese doll
    God Bless
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater is so sweet! I love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to buy both of those books! And your Tea Leaves looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The projects look great! I have to get my hands on those books... soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling sweater! Maybe someday I'll actually be able to attempt something like that :) Loving your blog also....this is my first stop here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spoiled myself with Rhythm of the Home too! I snuck it in during my school order :).

    Loved how nicely the tea leaves knit up when I made one. Love the color you are using!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two lovely projects. The cardigan yarn is such a pretty shade.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the tea leaves is on my want to make list.....yours is coming along quite well! Love the color! I also am looking forward to reading Amanda's new book! Happy knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are my tea leaves "sister" knitter! I really like the color you chose and I have to agree it does knit up quickly-instant gratification :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got both of those books on my wish list, I can't wait to dive into them. I love the skirt edge on your St. Therese doll, it's sweet and unusual.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.