Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Yarn Along ~ August 24, 2011

Not much new this week.  Well that isn't true, I guess.  I am still working on the Tea Leaves but I am getting closer and closer to the finish line.  I am now working on the sleeves and it is still making me very happy.  I am quite thrilled that I have stuck with this rather big project!  Of course, I am already planning what is to come next... some wool diaper covers for Sweet Pea and baby to come.  I really ought to make sweaters for some others too...


As for reading, I have to admit I put the other books I was reading aside when I found my lost copy of Heaven on Earth.  I can't tell you how happy I was to find it!  It was in the back of a cabinet in my room! Don't ask me.  Anyway, the minute I found it, I said, ok, I am going to study this book, not just read it.

So I took the author's advice and found a composition book and started my own Family Journal to go along with it.  I skipped the first chapter last time I read it.  This time, I am so glad I didn't skip it!  I really learned so much and it really inspired me in so many ways.

I can't recommend this book enough!  I am going to take it slow as there is so much to learn in this book.  I am really working on our families rhythm and so far so GREAT!

What are you up to?

13 comments:

  1. Oh, your tea leaves looks beautiful! I love that gentle blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous book! I will have to look for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea leaves cardi is lovely. I am making the adult version and it is FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Amy,
    Oh I am glad you found your book.I too am starting to take notes as well as on a few of the other books I am reading along similar lines. I would love to compare notes with you.
    Love your progress on your knitting too.
    While I am having time to comment, I am liking your Alphabet studies. We are still finishing ours (i have rarely completed a letter in a week). I have still to do about 4-5 posts on my blog
    Have a great week
    God Bless
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your knitting is beautiful!!!

    ~~Renee

    A Knitters Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blue is like the sea. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the second time this week I've heard of that book. I am going to put it on my list for sure! The tea leaves is beautiful! I'd love to make some soakers, but haven't found a pattern that I think I could do yet. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your yarn choice for the Tea Leaves. I did that pattern once and just loved it. I totally plan on doing another someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made a Tiny Tea Leaves for my daughter and it was one of my most satisfying projects! I agree there are so many wonderful ideas in this book - even for non-Waldorf folks like me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the yarn you are using for your tea leaves - gorgeous!
    I've heard a bit about the book now and it sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your pregnancy. I've been coming to your blog weekly (From Ginny's yarn along) for the past few months, but never noticed you are expecting a baby in January.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that book. I recently requested a copy from my lending library and now plan to ask for my own for Christmas! I think it and Rhythm of the Family are going to become my "bibles" for home and family over the next few years. The sweater is gorgeous. That smokey blue is really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have just ordered a blue wool very similar to yours for a tea leaves too! it's been in my queue for so long. your sweater looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.