Tuesday, October 11, 2011

yarn along ~ October 12, 011

I would like to introduce you to th bane of my existence.  This cardigan is going to kill me. I will die still trying to knit the stupid sleeve that I have alreadyhad to pull out three times.

IMG_7979

It. Is. Going. To. Kill. Me.

And how can I stop when I am this close to being stinking done?  I know there is some mistake in it too, since one of the front side is longer than the other, but I am hoping I can fix that while sewing it up.  I just don't see how I can give it up after a month of work (of long, tedious, head banging work).

Honestly I would much rather work on this baby project that I won the pattern for.  I already have the yarn and everything... but no, I need to finish this @%^$(&* sweater.  Sorry, I went a little PG-13 there.

Deep Breath.

As for reading, I am working on a library book I checked out called How Children Learn by John Holt, since I finished Heaven on Earth.  I LOVED Heaven on Earth.  Not sure about How Children Learn yet, I am not far enough into it and he seems to be rambling a lot about the right brain/ left brain stuff right now.

How about you?  Tell me you are suffering too.  For more successful yarn alongs head over to Ginny's blog!


13 comments:

  1. I'm not knitting. But I'm reading! And your post made me giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I have to put my projects in a bit of a knitting time-out. I think your sweater needs one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put ALL of my yarn and books and needles/hooks into "Time Out" when I finally gave in to the reality that this kind of work will not make my elbow any better. I sooooo wanted to make a "something" ... ANYTHING for anyone for Christmas. But, it is not to be.

    As for the book. I have it. I have read it. It is NOT a sit down and lose yourself in it kind of book like The Little Way of Home Schooling is. I ended up buying his book for my nook when I couldn't find my paper copy. A month later, paper copy reappears and I put it in Hubby's car and said, read a bit here and there when you can. Use a pen, mark it up. Maybe he will see more in there that I can take from the book!! I bought my copy used... I don't suppose the library would look to kindly upon marked up pages in their book. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Urg...I feel for you! While knitting surely is one of the most wonderful things in the world, it can be so frustrating sometimes. I have one of those projects, too. I'm still not sure if I will ever finish it. I try to keep it as a general rule to not keep knitting on something that gives me no pleasure (except for that one project), so usually I would tell you to quit and use the yarn for something more fun. But as you are so close to being done, just push through, you can do it!!! I'm sending a bucket of knitting-mojo your way =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say in the naughty corner for this one! Beautiful colour and it is looking gorgeous - sorry it is giving you so much grief, are you sure the instructions are correct?
    The book sounds a bit deep, my experience is all children find their own way to learn.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gorgeous yarn :) I can relate to sweater knitting frustration. I actually have one on my needles that I just had to stuff into my knitting bag and kiss goodbye for a while *grin*. I'm doing a nice simple shawl now for my sanity LOL. Hope you get that sleeve to come together for you this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colour of that yarn is amazing! I love those wine colours. We have similar taste in books too. So lovely to have found your blog. I love yarn along!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deep breath indeed ;) I hate when a project is not going to plan, but that usually inspires me to make something else for a while - otherwise the troublesome project will go out the window!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I know how that feels! Stick with it. Unless...you make it into a vest? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely yarn to be tired of working on. When I feel that way I knit for at least 1/2 hour then put it down if I still do not want to work on it. I usually end up working longer than intended. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh dear, sorry but i had to giggle. i agree, it needs a time out and then reinspiration (hopefully). good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the sleeve. I have soooo been there. Just take a deep breath, (or ten or twenty,) and do one row at a time. Eventually you will get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we've all been there when a project just does not want to work out. Hang in there, it'll be ok... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.