Monday, November 21, 2011

Ugh

Do you ever go through phases where everything seems to bug you?

I am dealing with that right now.  And the fact that things are bugging me, bugs me.  It is a vicious cycle.

We have been so busy lately.  Being home is a luxury, but the problem is when we are home the house is such a mess because we haven't been home, that who wants to be home?  Did that make sense?

Luckily, I have been able to cut back on a few things so life should slow down... a little.  And once my poor nameless son is born things will HAVE to slow down.

Never have we been through such an insanely busy period and besides making everything bug me, it makes me question things as well.  There is so little time to sit down and just be.  Making me worry about the kids.  Are they learning enough?  Playing enough?  Working too much?

I have to say, I am glad Advent is coming.  With this wonderous time of year I am hoping we can embrace peace and simply enjoy time together as a family.  I am hoping that I will be able to settle myself and stop being so unsure (or whatever it is) of myself.

We decided last Saturday we were going to go for a nature hike (if it killed us, lol)  We had to travel a ways to get Daisy's flute fixed (she is doing fabulously, btw) and nearby is the amazing Lithia Park (you can see pictures at Lily's Blog) .  Lily took a million pictures and we were able to spend time together just being together.

It reminded me so much that you can be together as a family.  Running errands, driving to practices and such, watching something on TV... you can do these things with your family, but it is not truly being with your loved ones.

So my goal for Advent?  Being with my loved ones.  Truly...

Oh and baking this baby for about 10 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.