Monday, October 22, 2012

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ October 22, 2012


I am proud to declare there is officially
another voter in my house!

Outside my window...
It was raining all night and morning and now the sun has peeked out from the clouds.  I see blue sky and white fluffy clouds.
I am thankful for...
Homeschooling!
I am thinking about...
We have been involved in local charter schools for the last year and the beginning of this one.  But after much thought, talk, and prayer we have decided to leave the charter schools behind. 
I can’t tell you how liberated I feel!  How we all feel.  While I liked many aspects of the schools began to realize the pros don’t outweigh the cons.
So we are officially homeschooling again.  On our own and fancy free.
From the kitchen...
I have some black bean chili cooking on the stove!

I am creating...
I need to start working on some serious menu plans.  I believe that we spend less on food when we plan our meals.  And I have not been doing that.  When you cut out almost all carbs food gets super expensive.  Especially for a family of our size.  So menu planning is my hope in trying to save some money on our outrageous food bill.
I am praying for...
Kelly and her sweet baby.

I am hearing...
The kids are fighting playing and Daisy is cleaning up the kitchen (LOVE).
Around the house...
At the park yesterday the kids collected up a few autumn leaves, so I took them taped them up to our garage door. I am thinking I might print off some John Paul II pictures for them to color for the door since today is his feast day… might distract them from the fighting playing.
One of my favorite things...
 Clever ideas.  I gave Vava (my mother in law) some old t-shirts and things that don’t fit me or Tony anymore and she is making leggings for the girls and Tiger!  She even made a little skirt with some of the leftovers.  I am attempting to embroider something on it, but it is looking “quite ill” as Lizzy Bennet would say.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Well, since dropping out of the charter school, things have slowed down a lot! We do have to go register for the GED this week, since I messed up last week on where I was supposed to make payment for the thing.  Rose and I are starting to think that they make college entry so difficult just to make sure you are truly serious about it. 

A few picture thoughts...
Yesterday while at the park, Lily took some of Rose’s senior photos!  Here are a few…





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.