Wednesday, October 10, 2012

yarn along ~ October 10, 2012


I am busily working away at Ginny's Summer Sweater pattern!  I really love this and my Rose is thinking about trying her hand at it for Sweet Pea.  She is a beginning knitter and I think it will be a great challenge for her before she attempts to make a sweater for herself.  I was going to wait to make this sweater, since I had promised my big boys I would make them a sweater.  But I had to wait to get the yarn for it and already had the yarn for this!

Green for Bear and a pumpkin-orange for Rogue
The yarn for the boys' sweater came in the mail... but now I have to finish this.  It works up so quickly, especially after working on Tiger's sweater in fingering weight!

As for reading, I am working through For the Children's Sake.  It is amazing!  I love, love, love this book.  I am trying to learn more solidly about Charlotte Mason and this was a great start.  Of course I am going to get Mason's series, but I have to save up a bit for that.

For more yarn goodness, head over to Ginny's Small Things.  Grab a cup of coffee, get inspired while checking out all the fabulous projects going on and there, and pick up some needles!

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty sweater! I love Ginny's new pattern and have really been enjoying seeing all of the different versions that people have been making... can't wait to make on of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's coming along beautifully, Amy. I can't wait to make one for my 8 yr. old daughter. I'm making myself finish my lace socks first, though. I'm almost done with the first one now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are inspiring me with those socks Kelly! Socks scare me, lol.

      Delete
  3. I cannot wait to start Ginny's sweater for my little one! I love the yarn you've picked out for the sweaters!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fun sweater. I have had some trouble but it was all my fault, lol. So it is a really well done pattern.

      Delete
  4. It's a lovely pattern, isn't it? I like the colours you have picked out :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.