Monday, November 19, 2012

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ November 19, 2012


Here she comes...

Outside my window…
There is a crazy storm out there right now.  I woke to hearing what sounds like either Mary Poppins was coming to town or our house was headed to Munchkin Land.  It is still rather dark, but I think all that leaf raking this weekend, while good, will not even look like it was done this morning!

I am thankful for…
We have been so sick these last few weeks.  I have been so sad to see all these little miserable faces.  I took Bear to the doctor but still no answers.  He has been the worst.  He often is when he gets sick, just like Daisy was when she was little.  There is a definite cough now in the house.  An unproductive nasty thing.  Last night the baby started.  So I am struggling to be patient, calm, and trying to focus on the many blessings I do have.  Especially going on two weeks of poor sickly children.  So going into the week of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for so much. When things are seeming to drag in the negative, I have to remind myself, that I have more blessings in my life than worries.  Even when worries seem big, I know I can stop and sit and think of how much more joy there is in sorrow and I can thank God for helping me with that outlook!

I am thinking about…
Other than “Could this cough be croup?” or “Should I call the doctor?” I have been thinking about birthdays and Christmas!  This is the season of boy birthdays around here.  November, December, and January are the months we celebrate the BOY around here.  So at night when boys are in bed I have been crocheting away.  I have completed a Saint Francis Xavier and a Blessed Jose Sanchez del Rio (thank you to his godmother Jessica, for giving me the idea!!) doll for Rogue and Bear.  Now I need to think of a saint doll for Tiger!

From the kitchen…
A gluten free Thanksgiving is on the menu.  Turkey, roasted sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce… I have been busily pinning and printing many ideas.  More than I can use, I am sure!  Here is a link to a PDF if you are interested: Paleo Thanksgiving.

I am creating…
I am still working on the Narnia dolls.  They had to sit aside for awhile so I could make the dolls for the boys.  But Susan is almost finished and I need to get to work on Edmund too.  I am still knitting a sweater for Rogue, that is what I am working on during the day.  I also have a baby dress in mind for a special little baby girl.  I bought the yarn but I can’t decide which dress to make!

I am praying for…
We have started a new tradition around here a few months ago.  I make a list of all the people who ask for our prayers and we pray for them each morning.  I am sure some of you already do this, but I was so disappointed in my absent minded self while saying in prayer every morning, “And God please bless everyone else that asked for our prayers.”  I still do that, in case I didn’t write a name down, but I feel like a much better prayer-er now.  We also add family members whose birthday month it is.  The little ones really love that part.  Bear keep trying to add himself, so he gets lots of prayers, which is good because he is not a healthy little man right now.  I am hoping he will wake up all better today…. I hope.  And Buttercup too, she was looking mighty sad last night and coughing so horribly.  Ok, sorry, no more worrying about the sickness.

I am hearing…
Wind, lots and lots of wind.  Everyone is asleep for now, so it is blissfully quiet.  I am worried about even typing that.  Murphy’s law… someone is going to wake up any second now…

Around the house…
There is a lot of crafting going on.  Tis the season you know.  So lots of yarn scraps that I swear I threw all away still end up in Tiger’s hands.  Lot of paper from printed recipes.  And a ton of books on Egypt, since we are about to start up a small unit study on the region.  I keep wondering if I should wait till after Christmas, as December around here is all about Advent.  We will see…

One of my favorite things…
Much like Pinterest, I have a great fondness for wish lists.  I have been busy compiling my lists for school books and Christmas presents.  I have about 15 wishlists now.  it keeps my scattered brain kind of orgainized!  Especially at this time of year.

Plans this week...

  • GETTING HEALTHY


Oh, there is Sweet Pea.  She is sitting on my lap coughing occasionally.  Poor baby girl.  So I will end here, although she likes helping me blog…

A few picture thoughts…

A very blurry cowboy taken last night when I finished him

And a photo I found this morning of Bear feeling better that made me laugh
"Ahhh, Lassie!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.