Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ November 6, 2012


Did you?
Outside my window...

Blue sky!  Hard to believe it is November.  I was wearing a tank top last night!
I am thankful for...
My excellent pediatrician.  Tiger had his well baby today and all is good!
I am thinking about...
Yesterday was a nightmare and it is all due to Daylight Savings Time.  I will share with you the rant I posted on Facebook:
What is the point of Daylight Savings Time? I am serious here. This morning has been a nightmare. From what I can understand, it is some sort of idea the government had to give us more daylight hours.
I don't need the government to tell me that it is light or dark outside, thank you very much. Daylight Savings Time causes immense stress and anxiety for young children and their parents.
So here it is. I don't think anyone LIKES Daylight Savings Time. You either hate (despise, loathe, scorn, abominate) it or could really care less. I have never in my life heard anyone say, "Oh I just love Daylight Savings Time! It gives me more hours in the day!" Instead you see frazzled parents trying to convince an angry toddler that "Yes, sweetheart, it is 7 pm and time for bed. No, mommy isn't lying. The government told me to change the clock so we could have more hours in the day. Doesn't that make sense? Isn't that nice of them? Now please, it is time for bed."
So if the government can give me one good reason for this stupidity, I would like to hear it. Twice a year I spend two weeks of my life trying to convince my children that their internal clocks are wrong. That adds up to one month of my life a year filled with anxiety and stress, for what?
So either stop changing the time back or I want compensation. The sanity of parents everywhere is at stake here. It is a waste of government money to do this and it doesn’t seem to bother them, making sure that everyone knows they have to do it, so what is a little more? The deficit is already out of control. So I think it a reasonable thing to give every parent of children under 10, $100,000 per child per year. This will make up for all the therapist bills children will need because they watched their parents go mad twice a year. We get so little sleep as it is, so maybe the government should give us compensation for that too. $10,000 per hour of sleep we loose over the time change. My kid’s now wake up at unreasonable hours and then I try to get them to go to bed and the right time. That is maybe two hours loss of sleep a day. So $20,000 a day.
Once this is accomplished I can afford to run for president and I promise as my first act as president I will abolish Daylight Savings Time and save the government trillions of dollars a year.So for now, I am going to sip one more cup of coffee, pretending the stress of all this has not tied my stomach into knots and listen to Christmas music while the kids try to kill each other because Big Brother thought I needed more hours in the day.
So between elections and DST I am going mad.
From the kitchen...
We have some gluten free pizza going for lunch and I am starting to think about our gluten free Thanksgiving coming up.

I am creating...
Shhhh…. Don’t tell.  I am working on new dolls for the kids for Christmas.  Just think Narnia!
I am praying for...
Kelly and her sweet baby.

I am hearing...
Veggie Tales!  Bear is not feeling well today so he is curled up on the couch watching one of his favorites.
Around the house...
We are taking things a bit easy this week after the chaos of yesterday… thank you DST.  Rose has two tests this week, so she is busy studying and getting ready.
One of my favorite things...
Signing Time.  I have just been thinking what an integral part of our lives this show has become!  I love how we are all learning how to sign together.  I was looking through our discs yesterday trying to figure out which ones to get next with out homeschooling orders.  I order with some of our tax returns every year.  So I have been working on my wishlist for that and know for sure that Signing Time DVDs are going to be on that list!
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Like I said, taking it a bit easy.  Rose has two tests and the rest of the week will involve knitting, crochet, and reading…. Lots of reading.  And of course praying for the election!  I guess we will find out tonight.  PRAY folks!  And don’t forget to VOTE!

A few picture thoughts...

These are from the wonderful All Saint's Party at Jessica's this year.  My camera battery died, of course right before the party.  I was able to get this with my phone:

Saint Francis Xavier, The Fatima Children: Blessed Lucia Santos, Francisco Marto, and Jacinta Marto

The rest of the pictures, my dear friends took!  Thank you Ann-Marie, Jessica, and Marc!

Blessed Jacinta Marto and Lucia Santos


And a special prayer for this special Day:

"Dear Jesus, King of Kings, we call upon all of our relatives in heaven,along with their Guardian Angels, and indeed, upon every American in heaven and their angels, going all the way back in history to all of their relatives beginning with your Apostles, to intercede with You to OurHeavenly Father to ensure a resounding victory for the presidentialcandidate and all candidates most aligned with your will for the cause ofprotection of life from the moment of conception, for the dignity andliberty--especially the complete religious freedom--of all persons in theUnited States and all people in the world effected by the election today."

"With serene confidence in Immaculate Mary, who our bishops chose asPatroness of the United States, we call upon her today. We beg you, Jesus,send forth her spouse, the Holy Spirit, to crush any and all forces of evilprowling about our country seeking the ruin of souls. We call upon allAngels You have assigned to every governmental body, jurisdiction, and civicinstitution across the Land of the Free, to vouchsafe the first freedom, the right to life."

"Our Lady of Guadalupe, Patroness of the Americas, pray for us.Saint Katharine Drexel and Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, pray for us.Saint Kateri Tekakwitha and Saint Marianne Cope, pray for us.Saint John Neumann and all American Jesuit Martyrs, pray for us.Little Flower Therese, who so many Americans love dearly, help us.Saints Joseph, Anthony, and Jude, pray for us.Immaculate Mary, Patroness of the United States, crush the serpent's head!"

Jesus Christ, King of Kings, have mercy on us and on the whole world!

Father in Heaven, Release Saint Michael Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.