Monday, December 17, 2012

HATS!

Ok, so I am going to share with you all the hats I have been making... modeled by me.  Yes, enjoy...  You can also not, I still have the bangs!

Since Lily requested a special hat she knows what she is getting, so she took all these pictures for me.


The Tofino Surfer by tincanknits


The Bon Bon Toque by tincanknits and sporting a fabulous new shawl design by Lily!!


The Antler by tincanknits


Who? by Sara Amaroso

There are some I am still working on...


Hermione <3 Ron by Christy Aylesworth.  I am making this in Malabrigio Rios and I think I am in loooooove.  I have made this hat before, but this yarn is totally making this hat.

I am making up a pattern for Tiger's hat.  I have had this idea I have wanted to do for him but couldn't find quite what I was looking for... so what is a girl to do?  Whip it up off the top of her head and pray it comes out all right!

Sweet Pea and Buttercup have matching hats.  Little crochet numbers with huge roses. They were modified from a hat pattern I found online and I will show them to you later when they can model them for you...

Which I have to mention... You other yarnies out there, I have a question for you.  It really creeps me out when I see mannequin heads modeling things on patterns.  To be honest, I don't think I have ever made a pattern where the main picture was a floating mannequin head or on some creepy little baby doll.  Am I the only one that is completely turned off by this?  Why am I?  The complexities of the human psyche I guess.

Back to hats... I am about to embark on some more fair isle, the special request of Lily I mentioned earlier.  I hope I can get it done and fairly quickly as I have a queue a mile long as well as a baby who is going to be having a big birthday next month.  I can't believe Tiger is going to be one.


8 comments:

  1. OH, you look wonderful--bangs and all!! I think I love that orange one on you best!!

    Such a fun post. Fun to see you! That green baby at the end, precious!!

    I always feel sorry for the ladies who need to use baby dolls to display their hats, because they must have little babies in their lives....we went to my brother and sister in laws for Christmas yesterday and their youngest of 3 kids is 12 now and she said they don't know anyone with babies--except us. So sad. She asked if we do (we are the same age 43) and I had to say I know a ton--OK, I got way off on that one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie!

      You know, I didn't think of it that way. It is actually sad. Now I feel like a big old Grinch. Seriously though, I never did think of it that way. Maybe from now on I just won't buy the ones with the adult mannequin heads.

      Delete
  2. Oops, dang it, I meant "they must NOT have little babies in their lives" Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo shoot! I like the bangs too. The first two are my favorite. I've never tried cable but I'd like to. Maybe after Christmas I can get my knitting guru friend to show me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Cabling isn't as scary as it looks. I am not always happy with the results though, because whenever I cable back the stitches next to it look so big. I need to see if there is some craft secret I don't know about to fix that.

      Delete
  4. They are all cute! The first is my favorite! I want one!! :) Someday maybe I will have the patience to practice, but it's not likely...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you are so cute!! I love your bangs. Great hats! I have made 2 boring easy ones and frogged 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the hats. Hats are one of my favorite things to knit up because it is such a quick project and the kids LOVE them!
    I'm with you on the mannequin head thing - very creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.