Wednesday, February 13, 2013

{yarn along} February 13, 2013

It is Ash Wednesday and I am looking onward to a very busy day!  But I had to share with you what has become my ever-growing pile of UFOs.  No not aliens, but my unfinished projects.  Due to the holidays and deciding that i had to have caramel highlights to cover the gray hairs on my head, I have no money for yarn.  It is okay.  Don't be scared.  It will all work out in the end, I promise.  The tragedy of it all is that I have two projects, sad and rolled up in my knitting basket, waiting for more yarn.

One of the great fears when knitting for wee ones is praying that they will not outgrow what you are making them before you finish.  This milo for Tiger is one I am starting to worry about... I think I am safe, but you never know.  These kids sure do grow like weeds sometimes.


The other is a sweater for Bear.  It is a North Shore by Tin Can Knits (love, love, love them).  I need to get the yarn for the mountain scape at the top with gorgeous Dublin green trees.  It will be fabulous.  Well, if I don't mess it up!!


Which leads me to what I am working on now.  I had wanted to make the My honey sweater, which is simply gorgeous.  But I had to give up.  After the fourth time frogging it at the lace part, I realized that i have too many distractions right now.  I figure maybe later after my mother in law is no longer in physical therapy for her knee, and flute lessons, and.... well, I am just too busy.  So i picked out this lovely little tunic for Buttercup.  It is called the Paulette.  It is translated from French, but so far so good.  I picked a red because I think that will look gorgeous on Buttercup.

As for reading I am LOVING The Snow Child.  I wish I had more time to just sit and read.  I am not the kind of person who can deal with a lot of noise while reading.  I need to gain this skill I think, because it gives me so little time to read!

So that is what I am knitting and reading.  What are you up to??


3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Tin Can knits before but I just checked them out. Oh my goodness - gorgeous patterns! I love nature-inspired knits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the North Shore and I have The Snow Child waiting for me on my kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think as Mom's we are so unable to to 'tune out' noise because we need to 'hear' if something is amiss. I used to be able to tune out everything in order to read, but my Mommy ears won't let me anymore. I completely understand the difficulty that brings in wanting to enjoy more books!
    Amy - you amaze me with your beautiful knits! I think the Paulette is going to be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.