Wednesday, February 27, 2013

{yarn along} ~ February 27, 2013

Can you believe it is almost March?  Ah, March will herald a year closer to the big 4-0 for me -- Not yet, mind you... not yet.

I haven't been able to do a yarn along in a few weeks (I think -- the days are melding together in a bundle of busy activity, making it seem sometimes like yesterday is today or three weeks ago).  I have since finished The Snow Child.  I cannot recommend this book enough.  I truly loved everything about it.  Nothing perverted or too weird but enough magical realism to really hook me.  The story itself is so touching and beautiful.  So if you can, read it.  Rose read it in only two days, she loved it so much.  I can easily say it is the best book I have read in a long time.


Boy, I could not get a good picture to save my life.  I am call this photo abstract and modern.  You have to try and decipher what my knitting looks like.  So that makes my blurry photo , not only acceptable, but ART and very, very cool.

I am currently reading a few selections, one of which is Call the Midwife.  I have an older edition, I guess, called simply The Midwife.  It is what the series on PBS is based on.  I have yet to see the show but it sounded interesting to me, so I got a copy.  I am terribly prejudiced against movie adaptation covers, however.  I don't know why, but it is a bit of a peeve for me.  So I was glad to find an edition that did not have the cast from the show on it.

Why do you think that is?  Is it perhaps that I am a snob and think of myself as more of a reader than a watcher?  Hmmm... Psychology 101 rears its ugly head once again.

I am also still reading Cravings.  I am reading it slowly (on purpose).  It is my workout book and since I haven't been cycling much I haven't been able to read much of it either.  Yesterday, however, I cycled almost 11 miles and got through 2 chapters.  I do love this book.  Some of it seems common sense to me, but a lot has given me a deeper understanding of my relationship with food and more importantly what my relationship with food should be.

I have been doing a lot of reading, huh?  Well I have been knitting too.  My mother in law is  going through physical therapy after knee replacement surgery.  Three times a week I take her down there and sit and knit while she is tortured by her excellent therapist.  She is doing great and soon will not be going anymore... that is until she gets her next knee replaced!

I finished Buttercup's Paulette, which came out so lovely!  It looks so good on her.  The red just makes her glow.  I didn't even edit the pictures of her (other than the watermark)!  I am still waiting for the yarn to finish Bear's North Shore and Tiger's Milo.  Hopefully by the end of this week I will have it!  Then I need to start on a present for Lily, whose birthday is coming up.  You know, I have to be working on something, though, so I started working on a Fiona for Sweet Pea.  The colors don't look very good in the photo (or at least I don't think so), but they are a lovely purple and creamy white.  Remember?  Abstract ART.  My photo was very very chic.  Don't be jealous.

Well, that was longer than I intended... I guess I had a lot to share!  If you read all this you deserve a cup of steaming cup of freshly brewed coffee. Until next week, where I will try not to ramble so much!


3 comments:

  1. The Snow Child was a favorite on my Kindle...I should buy it:) Like the color of your yarn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Cravings, too. I have one chapter left. I am really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a darling little red top. i love reading reviews of the snow child, it is my favorite book! i just loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.