Wednesday, March 27, 2013

{yarn along} ~March 27, 2013


Because I am so excited about this project, I actually remembered to take pictures yesterday afternoon.  Don't get me wrong I love all my projects (I sound like I am talking about my kids, lol) but this one is actually for me!


Since I have now lost more than 60 pounds I thought I ought to make something for myself.  Even though I have about 20 more to go, I figured a cardigan would be a good choice as even 20 pounds lighter it would still work.


I am also, gasp, using for the first time EVER Madelinetosh.  This stuff is a dream to knit with.  Oh goodness.  It better be if I am going to attempt to make an adult sized sweater! I have been making lots of little people sweaters, but never one for an adult.  So I am imagining there will be a lot of patience and prayers knit up in this Tea Leaves.


We also won't mention cost.  This is a reward.  A very cushy and lovely reward.  So I better finish it!

Oh and as for reading?  Well, not much really.  Spring cleaning rules my life.  It is actually getting a bit out of control and I am glad it is almost over.  But I have am still reading, verrrrrry slowly, Call the Midwife.  I am enjoying it, just no time to curl up and read.

So what are you up to?

 

7 comments:

  1. You deserve the treat! Madelintosh is just wonderful to knit with!! Enjoy the knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *squeal* Madelintosh, oh YES you deserve it! I'm loving the project and can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh that yarn looks so soft, and what a lovely shade of pink. What a great reward, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yarn is beautiful! So well deserved. Congrats on the 60 pound:-)

    Cheers,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your yarn is beautiful! So well deserved. Congrats on the 60 pound:-)

    Cheers,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great reward!! I've never done anything big either. Where did you get your yarn? I was looking online yesterday for Madelinetosh hoping to find a bargain, but I didn't. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed Call The Midwife, except for one chapter. I could have totally done with out the details of the brothel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.