Wednesday, July 24, 2013

not so {yarn along} July 24, 2013

I figured I would share with you a my usual yarn along post, but I realized how boring that would possibly be, since it is the exact same project I have been working on for months now.  I am still plugging away at that sweater, but it is really so hot that it is hard to knit on this huge wool thing!

I have been doing a lot of embroidery.  I did those pillowcases and I am currently working on the cuff for Bear's pillowcase -- a cowboy boot with his name.  But a few weeks ago, my mother in law made this adorable outfit for Buttercup and we thought maybe some embroidery around the collar would be really pretty.

I of course imagined something elaborate and fancy, but then I remember that I am still fairly new to the whole embroidery thing and settled for something a little simpler.


It came out so cute!

BUT, since this is supposed to be a yarn along and I am not sure that thread counts, I will share with you what Lily is making, because it is going to be a part of something I am going to make for Sweet Pea's birthday which is coming up.


The little mouse sweater from the book Phoebe's Sweater!  You might recognize the orange from the sweaters I made last year for Rogue and Bear.  And I will be making her, her own Phoebe mouse.  I just need the yarn and that will have to be on payday!  Summer is so expensive!  Ugh.

I am still reading the fabulous book by Father James Martin, SJ The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything: A Spirituality for Real Life. I haven't had as much time to read as I would like, I am one of those readers that needs quiet to read and there isn't much of that in a house with 11 people!!

So what are you up to?  Too hot to knit?

7 comments:

  1. Your embroidery is beautiful. I so want to learn but I'm not very good at sewing!
    Love that orange color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am terrible at sewing! I actually took a class on embroidery last year, but the book I mentioned up there really is all you need!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful embroidery! That little mouse and sweater are so cute--and I love the orange yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fun pattern. Highly recommend them and the book is so fun.

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the embroidery - it's really beautiful! And the color of yarn is beautiful, it's becoming one of my favorite colors, that deep orange-y color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like orange too. I didn't even get sick of it last year when I made two sweaters for the boys with it!

      Delete
  4. how lovely! simple and sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.