Thursday, August 1, 2013

{P,H,F,R} August 1, 2013

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~  

{PRETTY}

A few weeks ago we were lucky enough that Lily and Daisy got a scholarship to go to the excellent  Militia Immaculata camp.  We try and send them every year, but this year we were not going to be able to do it.  But they said get the girls there and they will take care of the rest.  So I loaded everyone up in the big silver beast we call a van and drove to Bend, Oregon up in the high desert of Oregon.  It is an amazingly beautiful place and the girls left refreshed and spiritually fed!

I was able to click a picture of the youngest 5 before I took them home on the four hour drive ALL BY MYSELF.  In which they had to go to the bathroom 5 times.  One lone woman with 5 kids under 9 at a rest area could possibly be an excellent sitcom.

{HAPPY}

Last weekend while Tony was up at Boy Scout camp with Rogue, we had a garage sale.  I didn't expect to make any money, the goal was more to make room!  We are happy to announce you can almost dance in there now, and we will be able to empty out the storage shed and that will save us money every month... and hopefully have another sale to get rid of all the storage shed stuff!

There have been horrible fires in the area and while we baked in the garage this weekend (pardon Tiger's scandalous attire) we watched the air tankers fly back and forth to the airport all day.  The kids were panicking about how close the planes were.

{FUNNY}


Ok, so this isn't really a photo of us.  Actually not all.  But with the massive amounts of smoke and no AC (it was fixed yesterday) several of us have been rather ill.  I have asthma so it has been a big struggle for me the last few days.  So in the midst of quite a lot of pain I saw this and it still made me laugh at loud.

Ahhh, knitting humor.

{REAL}

These photos have not been edited other than to put the blog name on them.  I took them with my HD iPad.  They sky truly looks like this right now.  Yesterday visibility got to less than a mile!  And that is the sun up there.

I can't believe it is already August!  Well, living in southern Oregon this time of year means one thing... forest fires.  This year is a dozy.  In fact it is the worst I have ever seen!  Our air quality got up to hazardous yesterday.  I has been terrible watching the kids cough and just lay there on the couch. You are not supposed to do much of anything outside, so the kids are not the happiest of campers.  But we are trying to color lots of pictures and, yes, I have succumbed to letting them watch more TV than usual (which is usually not at all).  And we are definitely doing school!

Make sure you keep Jessica's husband and all the firefighters fighting these massive fires in your prayers, please!
round button chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.