Wednesday, August 14, 2013

{yarn along} August 14, 2013


A few weeks I shared with you that we are making Sweet Pea her own Phoebe doll from the books Phoebe's Sweater for her birthday in a few weeks.  I say we because Lily is helping me!  She is making the sweater and I am making the doll.  I could not for the life of me find a yarn needle, so yes, that is a safety pin and a paper clip keeping those live stitches safe!  So this is Phoebe's dress and body.  I need stuffing before I move on.

 This is the sweater Lily is making.  She is doing so amazing!  And we think the funky orange and purple will be great... See:


Now, only a few weeks to get it done!  I can't believe Sweet pea is going to be three. 

Oh and reading?  I am still working on Mansfield Park and The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything: A Spirituality for Real Life.  I am getting so little time to read.  I think I might need to hide in my room for an hour soon...

6 comments:

  1. Looks great, I need to read that book. I think my daughter would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks a good age for it! The story is simple but the illustrations are so lovely and carry your imagination. I don't mean simple in a bad way either! Just very sweet.

      Delete
  2. Hello

    Found you through Yarn Along.
    Great knitting, the colours are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped over from the yarn along. Such a cute project, and how fun that you have help knitting it!! Off to peak around your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the two knits paired together as an outfit, very lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I typed a comment but I think it disappeared. Anyway....It's all adorable!! I'm jealous of you and your daughter's skill. I just ordered Ginny's Sunday sweater pattern. It will be my first project with sleeves. I'm terrified! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.