Sunday, November 24, 2013

Advent Unplugged


It was funny to see Haley over at Carrots for Michaelmas post that she is unplugging for Advent, as that is what I have been planning for quite some time.  I have been playing around with the idea to see how extreme I would go.  I don't want to be insane, mind you, because when you go to far you always regret it.  I do this every Lent.  I always give up so much I end up not able to do it all and then feel like I failed!  SO, I wanted to try and dedicate this Advent to my family, celebrating the amazing church feasts in the next month, and focus on preparing for Jesus. 

My plans?

  1. I am going to try to skip out on Facebook.  Maybe popping in once a day to check for messages and only for a few minutes (that will be the challenge!).  Facebook is the hard one.  I love sharing there and sometimes I have really fun conversations (usually with other bloggers interestingly enough, lol).  But it is also an emotional roller coaster and that can be a huge distraction from life.
  2. Pinterest.  I will pin things, but I am going to only give myself a few moments, or to simply pin something and move on.  Again, this is a huge challenge.  We get swept in when we only want to check on little thing and it ends up swallowing a half hour or an hour before we even know what happened! 
  3. I am going to limit my time to about one hour.  I will delete all the apps off my phone and iPad.  My goal is to spend time with my family and ultimately I would hope to not be on it at all when my children are awake.  But I am not sure how realistic that is for me.

I do plan on blogging and reading blogs (within my time limit, of course).  But everything else is going to be majorly hindered. 

I have to confess that my life had been out of control.  There is so much going on and so much I need to do that I am forgetting important things, letting my relationships slide, and becoming a total airhead on matters!

I am hoping to walk away from this time feeling a bit more in control and focused.  Spending more time in prayer and asking God to help me get my act together!  Who knows... maybe I could even read a novel.  A cheesy novel that serves no purpose other than to make me feel all gooey and happy inside.  We shall see.  I want to see what I can do with my time away from the computer.

Wish me luck!

 Care to join us?

AdventUnplugged
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.