Friday, November 22, 2013

Boys' Hair Cut!

So I found a real find on Pinterest awhile back and I thought I really ought to share it with you.  I am so happy to have found these videos for this very reason:

Terrible quality photo, sorry!
Look at his hair!  It is crazy thick and wild!  I was scared to tackle it!  But tackle it I did.  This is actually the second time I have cut the boys' hair and I think it came out really well, considering I am not in anyway shape or form a professional!

Here are the videos from Locks and Locks of Hairstyles (they have great tutorials on girl's hair too) that I found most helpful:

 Boys Hair 101 (with just shears):


Boys Hair 110 (with shears and scissors):


How about some before and afters?  Well, you see the before of Rogue (yikes!), so here is the after:

I think someone doesn't like having their picture taken...

How about Bear?

Before:


After:

  

Hmmm, and perhaps someone else likes having his picture taken TOO much!

Don't forget Tiger!
 
Before:

He is wondering why mommy stripped him down to his diaper and draped him with a tablecloth...

After:


Trust mommy!  She has Pinterest!

So definitely not a Pinterest fail.  Not perfect but I think with practice it will just get better and better and save us quite a lot of money, seeing as how fast Rogue's hair grows!  Oh and I also have a pair of thinning shears which I used on Rogue's hair.  It was crazy necessary.  Don't be afraid of them, they are awesome!

Do you guys cut your kid's hair?  Any helpful hints?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.