Wednesday, November 6, 2013

{yarn along} My Reward

 So I am not sure that Ginny will be having her yarn along this week as, well, she just had an adorable little baby!!  Congratulations to Ginny and family!  But, of course, that means I actually have something to share for a yarn along!

Hmmm, I look pregnant.  Great.
I FINALLY finished my Tea Leaves.  It took a long time, honestly, because I wasn't too keen on knitting on that big thing in summer.  But I am so glad it is done now.


I started this sweater as a reward for loosing 70 pounds (which I really ought to post more about and will soon) and I am glad to say it was a grand reward indeed.


So I had run out of yarn just as I was finished the second sleeve and had to order more online.  This is an issue because it may not be from the same dye lot.  It wasn't.  So I pulled out the garter stitch band on the one finished sleeve and used that to finish the other sleeve. Then I did both sleeve garter bands in the other, slightly darker yarn, along with the button bands. I then took the darker yarn and crocheted a simple little edge along the sleeves, neck and bottom.


So what are you guys crafting up?  Tomorrow I am going to post more knitting stuff!  You will get a peak at what I making everyone for Christmas!

10 comments:

  1. That's so pretty! I'm dying to knit a cardigan like that, but I'd rather lose 50 lbs. than knit a huge one. Very creative approach to the color issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sara, that was why this was a reward! I told myself I would knit something for myself when I hit my goal. I always wanted a cardigan but being a plus size that would have been so much work and so much money!

      I actually think the cardi might be a little big, which is kind of fun. :)

      Delete
  2. It is just beautiful and a great reward for such an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sweater! You look so pretty in it! I love the Tea Leaves cardigan, but even knitting it for my daughter was a lot of back and forth knitting -- it did get boring. I'm so afraid to knit big things because I'm always afraid after all that work, it won't fit. But yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fear that things won't fit and actually the sweater is a bit big. The lady at the yarn store told me to pop it in the dryer for a little while, but I am scared too! Even though it is washable wool, lol.

      Delete
  4. It's gorgeous! Beautiful yarn color too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cardi, Amy! I love it, and it looks great on you!! And congratulations on losing 70 lbs. That is SO awesome!!!! You picked out the perfect reward. You deserve it!!! And I hope you do share a bit more about your weight-loss journey. I could use some inspiration in this area ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT!!! …sorry, did I just scream? ;)

    I've always wanted to make one of those tea leaves cardis for myself.

    The color is so feminine and that crocheted edging is pure brilliance! I've never knitted anything that big before. Congratulations on not only finishing it, but in meeting your weight-loss goal! You look gorgeous, Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never knitted anything that big either! It was a huge accomplishment. I am actually shy about wearing it sometimes. Since I did make it... will people think I am a dork? Or will they think I am bragging, lol.

      Delete
  7. lovely. I can't wait to hear more about your weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.