Wednesday, April 2, 2014

{yarn along} ~ April 2, 2014


I finished Lost Lake!  It was a bit disappointing.  I like Sarah Addison Allen, but this book fell a bit flat.  I was not too happy with the ending, it felt rushed.  I loved the characters very much, especially Eby.  But there were a lot of characters and she went into all their back stories, so it felt kind of disjointed in the end and not everyone's story seemed to finish.  So now I am floating here in a land of not knowing what to read next.

I finally got a copy of How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare!  I have been wanting this book forever, but I am rather burned out on education reading and am craving some fiction goodness.  Who knows what I will come up with.  Any recommendations?


Knitting!  Wow, I am so in love.  This yarn.  This yarn!  Madelinetosh Pashmina.  It is so soft and light and look at that color.  LOOK AT IT!  It is perfectly named: Tart. 


I am making the Monsoon shawl from the latest edition of Interweave Knits.  It is a huge shawl that will be perfect for wrapping up in come October with a little newborn baby.  I am thinking of saving it for the hospital, so it will be for both me and the baby.  A shawl/ baby blanket.

So what are you working on?


6 comments:

  1. Amy, that yarn is gorgeous! I love the color!! I will have to check out that pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like your new header photo, too! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pattern and yarn. A friend is making a pashmina shawl and that yarn feels just perfect for snuggling with a baby! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely yarn, it is going to be such a beautiful knit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiction goodness? Depends on what kind you're after? Have you read the ever popular Snow Child and Light Between Two Oceans? If not, start there! If so, what about Mr. Pettigrew's Last Stand or the Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your yarn. The color is so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.