A lot of our old wooden peg dolls had seen quite a bit of love. As you can see...
So I got to work prepping them. I took a lot of the darker color ones and covered over them with a lighter color so I could repaint them with the colors I have now. I also did the same to their faces because I wanted to make them a little more simple.
So I decided it was about time to give them a bit of a makeover! I fixed up the peg alphabet dolls. The kids really love these and I have to admit I have never used them for the purpose I intended, which was to help with reading! The reason why is that the kids often kidnapped them and before you know it there is a letter missing. Inevitable it would be an important one like "A."
Then I just started to paint some dolls and it occurred to me that I should make seasonal ones! I don't have the steadiest of hands, but they are toys, so I figured I am good. :)
I have to admit the autumn ones are my favorite! There are still a ton waiting for a revamp and new paint. This time I have used Mod Podge to seal them and I feel that these paint jobs will last a lot longer!