Monday, July 7, 2014

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ July 7, 2014


Stealing blueberries... I caught you!
Outside my window...
It's hot.  Hot, hot, hot.  There isn't much more to say.

I am thankful for...
My new Keurig.  Isn't that shallow of me?  But I do love it so.  I keep thinking about how lovely it will be in the winter to have a hot cup of coffee at the push of a button.  The funniest thing os how much my kids love it.  Well, for now at least.  The novelty will wear off, but the boys especially love to watch it.  They act like they are studying some sort of new beast and trying to figure out how it works.  I really ought to have gotten a picture of them staring at it!

I am thinking about...
Homeschooling.  Last year was really hard.  We did not do so well.  So Tony and I have been talking about our options and what we will need to do to make this year work.  We are seriously thinking about enrolling Daisy in the local Catholic highs school.  It all depends on financial aid, of course!  But we are praying hard about it.

Oh and Facebook!  I am trying to avoid it.  Ever since I read about their little mind games and trying to depress people, I started to worry if I was one of them.  And then worry about people who might be truly depressed and what that could have led them to do.  I not deleting my account and I will pop on now and again, I am sure, but every day is something I will try not to do.  It is so addictive!

From the kitchen...
Anything that does not require the oven!  We have been eating a lot of sandwiches around here lately.


I am creating...
I have been working on the same baby sweater for what feels like eons.  I could finish it really quick, but the idea of knitting does not appeal to me in this heat.  I have been making more peg dolls, including some saints!

Oh and did I mention I am 25 weeks pregnant?  Oh boy, yeah.

I am praying for...
A fellow flute player in Mary's class who will be undergoing a heart procedure.
And like I mentioned, our school decisions for next year.

I am hearing...
Tiger.  I just had to take a bell from him.  How on earth did he get that?  He wasn't too upset about my taking it, he knew I guess it was not something he was going to be able to enjoy for long.  Now he is walking around asking me if I have anything in my pockets.  I have no pockets.  Poor guy, I'm not very exciting.

Around the house...
Well today I broke out the math books.  We really need to finish them.  So I am kind of evil.  Other than that those of us over ten are trying not to move.  Those under ten have some sort of miraculous ability to run and scream despite the fact that our house will not stay cool.

One of my favorite things...
Did I mention my Keurig?  Oh yeah I guess I did.  Sorry.

A few plans this week...
To try and get to the gym more than once!  Lots of math, because I like hearing moans and groans whenever I enter the room.  And hopefully we will be getting our minivan back from the shop soon.  Driving around the silver beast (our 12 passenger van) has not been kind on the pocketbook considering it is about $3.95/gal in this neck of woods for the cheap-o gas.

A few picture thoughts...



Aw poor guy, watching all the fun outside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.