Tuesday, July 22, 2014

More Saint Dolls & a Cake Topper

The other day was Buttercup's 8th birthday and I wanted to make some more saint dolls for her, since I was unable to pull off a pillow case in time.  Don't worry, she will get one, just late!


From left to right: 
Saint Dominic Savio, Saint Josephine Bakhita, Saint Lucy, a priest, and Saint Dymphna.


 From the side-back: St. Josephine, Saint Lucy, St. Zita, and St. Dymphna

I was a little disappointed in my Saint Josephine.  The paint would not smooth out, but I have to remind myself that these are for the kids to play with and perfection is not the goal.  Right?  Right!


I also made her a little family, but her complaint was that there was not enough children.  So apparently I need to get cracking and make about 7 more according to the consensus around here.  Only two kids? That is weird in this house!


And lastly, I made her a cake topper.  They are not just for bride's anymore!  I thought this would make a great tradition as well.  Everyone gets a cake topper of themselves for their birthday.

Another thing I did this time, was I made sure to take a fine point pen and write what saint or person they are and the year on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.