Monday, December 22, 2014

Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ Last Week of Advent 2014



Outside my window...
It is just starting to get light outside.  As I was driving my kids to their work, the streets are wet and people are already zipping around getting the last of their Christmas shopping done.  Either that or they were all retail workers.  

I am thankful for...
A little break to get the house clean (like that will last an hour) and maybe get some baking done before Christmas!
From the kitchen...
Plans plans, plans.  That is about it for right now.  We are all really looking forward to Naniamo Bars.  Have you had these?  They are not healthy, not even close.  But hey, once a year right?  Last year a friend of my husband from Canada introduced us to these awesome three layered bars from heaven.  If you have some time you really ought to make them!  You won't regret it.  And you know what?  They make gluten free graham crackers, so I can totally eat them.  We won't think about the sugar content.  I will think about that on December 26th.

I am creating...
Not much.  I miss knitting and all very much, but it seems like every time I try I can only get a row in.  I guess I could be knitting now instead of doing this...

I am praying for...
  • Courtney
  • Jessica (who lost a childhood friend)
  • For the health of my family
  • For a deeper and lasting relationship with Jesus for my family and friends

I am reading...
I am giving Christian Romance a try, so I am currently reading The Secret of Pembrooke Park.  I'll let you know what I think, if I ever finish it.  So far so good.
 
I am hearing...
Baby grunting, kids brushing teeth... morning routine.


Around the house...
We are getting ready for Thursday.  There is wrapping paper and baking supplies, kids dancing around a glittering Christmas tree.  A mom with a seasonal eye twitch... ok, it really hasn't been that bad this year!


One of my favorite things...
Costco.  It is always there when I need it.

A few plans this week...
  • Boys need haircuts
  • Wrapping presents
  • I need to buy pillows for the Prayer Pillows for the kids.  I thought it would make the present huge, which would be awesome. 
  • More grocery shopping
  • Surviving the children's mass
  • Much, much more!


Hoping you all have a wonderful and blessed last week of Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.