Friday, December 19, 2014

Fitness Friday: Whole 30 on a Friday Night

image credit: Wikipedia
Whoops.  Well, today was not my day.  I had a bad reaction to a medicine the doctor put me on and that meant spending most of the day in bed!

So it is now Friday night, and I did not forget, I am just only starting to feel human enough again to type.  Needless to say, I will not be taking more of that medicine!

So, if you follow me on Instagram, you might have noticed that I started the Whole 30.  I would love to tell you that it was great and I was an awesome success, but guess what?  I got sick.  SICK, SICK, SICK.  I could not figure it out.  I mean, that was why I stopped drinking coffee!  I had eliminated everything: sugar, gluten, dairy, and coffee.  And I was getting sicker by the minute.

I was laying in bed (gee, I sound like that is all I do) when it struck me.  When I started eliminating all those things I was replacing them with nuts.  And when I cut dairy I sent myself over the edge.  Almond milk, Paleo granola (which, let's face it, is basically chopped up nuts), cashews, almond butter....

The next morning I, in a very unladylike voice, said, "Screw it!  I am getting me a cup of a jo with half and half."  I did.  And I ate cheese.  I ate beautiful Tillamock cheddar and know what?  I felt better.  I didn't get sick all day.  And three days later, no stomach aches, no pains, no issues.

Stupid nuts.

So I am possibly the only person in the world who did not feel better doing the Whole 30.  And the idea of actually, also, cutting nuts made me think I might explode.

So there you have it.  One week later and I am back on the coffee and swimming in dairy.  And, know what?  I feel better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.