Friday, January 30, 2015

Fitness Friday: 15th Edition

Right before I dropped my phone on the one walk I took this week. 
I have to start this week with an apology, since I missed last week.  I hit a weird place with the two blog thing and it left me unable to blog at all.  I kept analyzing everything about which blog should I post this or this or that?  Clearly I needed to go back to one and run with it.  I am not that kind of gal, I guess.  Life meshes in all sorts of ways and trying to organize it was too much for this mom of nine.  Our diet and exercise have a lot to do with our family, our faith, and even our schooling.  So, there you have it.  I feel free to blog again!

Wish I felt the same way about exercising.  This may be a bit TMI, but ladies, I think you will agree that there is one time of the month that it is very, very hard to exercise.  A busy week (when is it not busy, I ask you?) plus a visit from Aunt Flo make it real hard to get up and get moving.

https://www.facebook.com/verilymag
It has me thinking I need to do some research on this topic and find ways to combat that inner Menstrual Monster that keeps us (or is it just me??) from the gym.  I'll bet you a million bucks that symptoms are probably better if you exercise.  But that still makes me don a very unladylike face, cross my arms, and defiantly set my legs akimbo.

Akimbo.  What a great word.  I found it when reading romance novels, mostly Julie Garwood historicals.  The heroes always stood with their legs akimbo when frustrated and defiant. 

Ok, where was I?

Oh yeah, exercise.

So after a lackluster week, and hitting an awesome one before (25+ miles baby!), I realized I need to get focused.  I know it will make me feel better.  I know it will help me get focused.  I know it.  There are just some days it is ever so hard to leave the house.

 It is always good to remember that I am not doing this just for me.  I am doing it for my loved ones.  I want to encourage them to make good choices even after a hard day, week, month, or year!  I want them to know that life is more than just watching a whole series on Netflix in one evening.  A long, healthy life with your loved ones is far better than all that.

So GOALS for this week!
  • More miles (that should be too hard, right??)
  • Figure out a routine to do at home
  • Start 21 Day Sugar Detox
  • Research working out with Aunt Flo
Interesting READ From Last Week:

Why I Don't Want 6-Pack Abs 

Inspiring VIDEO:


A necessary FUNNY:

A lovely new friend posted this on Facebook.  An oldie, but a goodie!

 So here is to next week!  If you want to add your own Fitness Friday, share in the comments!
Wishing you all an awesome and active February!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.