Friday, January 16, 2015

Fitness Friday: January 16, 2015

Fitness Friday is about taking care of you.  
It is a quick look back at the last week and a quick look forward to the next week.  
FF is about making goals and motivating yourself to make better choices, 
getting active, and doing something good for yourself!
When we take care of ourselves we are actually helping taking care of those we love, too.

A picture of just one of my motivations!

Last Week's Miles:

14

It was all cycling which is good for my knees.  But soon I need to get doing some more walking and then running...

Total Miles This Year:

25

Goals for Next Week:

Ok, woosh, let me see I want to get in 25 miles this week.  That will will double my miles so far this year.  Most of my miles are cycling, with a little walking, so I should be able to log those miles cycling.

Reading about running while pumping away on the stationary bike

Reading:

Running Like a Girl: Notes on Learning to Run.  I really like this book.  I have wanted to be a runner for a very long time and this is really motivating me to get out and do it!  Heminsley writes in a very personal way and convinces you that you can accomplish anything with the right sports bra!

Motivation:

source unknown


Around the Web:

The blog post I am sharing is all about me.  I know, I am so vain.  Anyway, my beautiful niece who has lost 80 pounds, has been sharing stories of other people's journey to health and weight loss.  She asked me to name 3-8 things that I learned on my journey.  I, of course, wrote so much she had to make it into two posts.  What can I say?  Anyway, check it out here: Journey to Health: Amy, Part 1.

Funny of the Week:



I tried to form a group of local ladies, but they just laughed.  No idea why?  ;)  I couldn't make it through the whole video, but my daughter told me to scroll to the last few minutes.  I won't spoil it.  Hey, got to admit, at least she is out there moving it. 

Quote:

"Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the Lord and shun evil. 
 This will bring health to your body
    and nourishment to your bones." ~ Proverbs 3:7-8

Thoughts:

So, I have done something crazy.  Ok, ok, crazy for me.  After talking with a friend we have decided to run a 5k.  I have 12 weeks to get ready.  I have never been much of a runner and I am pretty slow.  But my thoughts are... I CAN DO THIS.  I think it is a great start and will be just what I need to motivate myself through these next few months.  After all, we all know I would do almost anything for a cool t-shirt.

How about you?  
What are you going to do to take care of you? 
Share a link and please link back here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.