Monday, April 27, 2015

Celebrating the Sacraments


Last May we celebrated two sacraments in the matter of a week.  It was crazy!  Throw in pregnancy complications and a shift change for Tony at work and it was such a mess!

I had to throw together some quick gifts for them both.  Considering that many of you might be in the same boat or pretty close to it, I thought I would share with you what I gave them and some other great ideas for First Communion and Confirmation gifts that won't break the bank.

Here are the simple, yet beautiful, gifts I got my two girls:


I have been wanting to get something for the kids from the Mod H Mary Etsy Shop ever since I discovered it!  I love her drawings and awhile back I even shared that she has free coloring pages on her website.  So, last year, I ordered both Buttercup and Daisy some beautiful holy cards.


I wanted to get Buttercup another rosary, something very special that she could cherish all her life.  Barbara is so talented so I headed over to her Mary Devotions Etsy shop and ordered another rosary!


For Daisy, I wanted to give her something truly special.  I gave her a very precious rosary that had once belonged to her grandmother.  My mother got it when she visited the Vatican many years ago.  It has the St. John Paul II crucifix, which is a lovely reminder that she was confirmed the same year this great pope became an official saint.

I really love trying to shop at Etsy stores or the like.  You know you are helping support small business owners and hobby artists.  Here are some great places to find amazing gifts:

Saint Anne's Studio: Pope Saint Leo the Great
  • Saint Anne's Studio makes adorable wooden peg saints.  They also have new pillow dolls.  The wooden peg dolls would be great for either First Communion or Confirmation, as you could get them their saint!

  • Audrey Eclectic is one of my favorite shops.  I have requested one of her prints for Mother's Day.  She has so many beautiful prints!

  • Paradise Jewelry has lots of great pieces!  She even makes sweet things for babies, which would make great baby shower gifts.

This particular rosary is the Regal Sacred Heart
  • Another great Catholic Etsy shop is Saongjai.  She makes beautiful rosaries and jewelry.  Right now, until Mother's Day, if you use the code MAG50 she will donate a $1 of every sale to Magdalene Home for teen mothers.

  • Gail Giron is a wonderful designer that I have ordered from before.

And don't forget!  Mother's Day is right around the corner! 

Some wonderful books you could also get are:


For the 1st Communicants in your life:
Jesus Make Me Worthy
The Weight of a Mass: A Tale of Faith
My Big Book of Catholic Bible Stories

 For your teens:
Ablaze: Stories of Daring Teen Saints
Radiate: More Stories of Daring Teen Saints
LIVE - NRSV Catholic Edition: Youth Bible, Catholic Edition
The Story of a Soul: The Autobiography of the Little Flower (Tan Classics)
Archbishop Fulton Sheen's St. Therese - A Treasured Love Story (This is out of print but one of my absolute favorites)


And finally, if you are crafty and have a little time you can always visit my shop, Knit Together Designs, and purchase a pattern!

Or make your own wooden peg doll!

I am praying for all of you at this very special and busy time of year!  God bless!!

1 comment:

  1. I received a rosary that had been my grandmother's for my first communion. It is so special to me. I will have to go check out those Etsy shops. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.