Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hey Mama



Do you ever feel like God is calling you to do something, but you just don’t know what?  Boy have I been there a lot lately.  I keep coming to the blog and praying, “Lord, what do you want me to do with this thing?  This thing I love, yet seem to fight so much.”  Today, He told me to tell you something…



Last year I had a major, knock down, drag out, no holds barred melt down of epic proportions.  I am not over-exaggerating here.  Really, trust me on this one.



I felt like I wasn’t good enough for anything.  Have you seen that movie Moms' Night Out?  If not, you need to.  I ended up bawling my every-living eyes out.  I don’t want to ruin it for you if you haven’t seen it, but there is a scene where Allyson is sitting there with Bones and she was saying things that sounded like they were coming right from my inner most heart… about how she felt she wasn’t enough.



We moms are truly our own worst critics.  And this is the time of year for all those feelings to come to a head.  Spring is the time when trees bloom and little ones are dressed all in white to receive our Lord.  Our teens are getting anointed, dedicating their lives to be warriors for Christ.  Sports and other activities, testing, graduating… it goes on and on.  It is the climax of our year, when all the tension is at it’s highest.  It is so easy to give in and not feel enough.



You see, the mistake I made last year was instead of reaching out to friends and reaching up to God, I retreated inward and became afraid.  Trust me.  You are enough.  You are enough for God.  God sees you in your struggles.  He hears your cries for help.  He entrusted you with the souls of your dear children for a purpose… a great and beautiful purpose.  He never gives us more than we can handle, so long as we always reach up to him. 



Get as much sleep as you can.  Make your day a prayer, whether it is in thanksgiving or a tearful prayer for His mercy.  Ask our mother Mary to help you.  Make LOVE your goal.  Hug often, read good books, and get some quiet time… somehow.



When I came to the blog this morning, wondering what I should share with you, this is what the Holy Spirit whispered in my heart:



Joy is never found inside ourselves.  It is all around you in the miracles of God’s world.  It is found in the moments we give to others our love.



Remember, mama, you are enough… and ever so much more.

1 comment:

  1. *hugs* - I love that movie, I love this post and I just love your heart! You are enough - I want that on a t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.