Thursday, November 12, 2015

Halloween 2015


I can't believe Halloween has already come and gone and we are less than 2 weeks away from Thanksgiving!

The last few weeks have been rather wild around here, and I know you are thinking, "What's new about that?"  Well, it wasn't really.  It's always a crazy ride in the Knit Together household.

That being said, the week before Thanksgiving, our little baby, Posy, ended up in the hospital.  She is alright and it really came down to a sad case of dehydration but it threw us all off.

It felt like the whole week she was ill was one long day and then BOOM... Halloween.  The night before, I begged Tony to grab pumpkins so we could carve the next day.


Some people were not too impressed.  Anyway, we were thankful that the kids had been invited to a get together with some of Rogue's scout buddies.  I decided it would be best if I stayed home with the little ones, since Posy was only in the hospital a few days before.  Isabel and Daisy stayed with Eva while I took Sweet Pea and Tiger around trick or treating.


It is so hard to get pictures of them with my phone.  They move so much! But this was the first time in YEARS that we actually went trick or treating and it was actually kind of fun.  I never really liked it, because it was often scary for the littler crowd.  I still prefer a party, mind you.  Hopefully next year!


We ended up with TONS of candy, which I eventually had to hide in a fruit box on the top shelf of my closet.


Oh and did I mention in the same week Posy was sick I got the worst haircut of my life?  Yeah.  It's all good though.  My hair is super short now (well to me at least), the shortest it has ever been, but I am getting used to it.  And Bluto seems to like it too.


I really miss our saint parties, but for the last two years we couldn't make it.  The kids were excited to dress up, though, even though I think Rogue was very creepy, lol.  Buttercup and Sweet Pea were thrilled that there Vava (grandma in Portuguese) made the Zita the Spacegirl costumes!  If you haven't read those books, by the way, you are missing OUT!  The kids adore them.

Hope you all had a spooky and/or saintly Halloween!

Now to start thinking about that Thanksgiving menu...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.