Monday, December 28, 2015

I'm Dreaming of a Gluten Free Christmas


Wow!  What a Christmas.  I have to admit that I was far to busy this Advent to be able to enjoy much of anything.  Next year, I vow to be more prepared!  Remind me in August, ok?

She kept stealing the oranges from everyone's stockings

Anyway, we had an incredible amount of food.  As usual, I overdid.  I always plan too much.  In fact, I even put some recipes away. as I was still baking away on Christmas Eve!


We had these amazing Coconut Pecan Breakfast Bars just like last year.  It was a perfect breakfast!


I did not get a picture of the finished product, but the crust above is from the Paleo Lemon Bars.  They were amazing!  Very lemony!


Danielle Walker's Peppermint Chocolate Macaroons.  I didn't have an peppermint extract, so I only added about 3 drops of DoTerra's Peppermint essential oil, since they are food grade.


Below are several shots of the coconut and peanut butter pops I made.  These are so tasty, but next year I am making them smaller.  They were so rich!



Sorry, the pretzel sticks are decidedly NOT gluten free.  Those were for the kids, lol.


They were a big hit, as you can see...



For dinner we had a beautiful ham, mashed potatoes made with canned coconut milk, asparagus, and a new recipe Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts. The picture quality is horrendous, I know, it was already dark.


Hoping you all had a very merry and tasty Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these awesome recipes...everything looks beautiful! I'm excited to try the brussels sprouts...my favorite. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.