Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Livingston



“Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding. Find out what you already know and you will see the way to fly.”
― Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

I started this sweater shortly after Christmas, knowing that Theo's birthday was right around the corner.  I had this crazy notion that I would be able to pull this off in a month, but didn't sweat it too much when his birthday came and passed.


I was so close to being finished when the dreaded illness hit out house.  We were sick for about 6 to 8 weeks.  My kids watched more TV in those weeks than we have in the last 5 years put together.  We watched the entire mini-series, Frozen Planet, in an attempt that they might actually learn something.  


And so, finally, I finished the sweater, right before Easter, but I had no buttons for the thing.  Today I bought buttons!  Today, we joyously walked out in weather that was far too hot for a sweater and I took pictures of him in a sweater I hope he will get to wear before he grows out of it!  If not, Eva will have a pretty cool sweater in about three years. 



Linking up with Nicole at Frontier Dreams and Ginny at Small Things!

6 comments:

  1. So cute! The sweater and the model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable sweater!! I have the same problem with sweater knitting for my girls! Our winters are cold but our spring, summer and fall are much to warm for too much wool and so I have to time my knits perfectly. Yours is darling- the sweater and the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you were all so sick! The sweater looks fabulous. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks very happy in his new sweater. Well done on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sweater, it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.