Monday, May 30, 2016

All Gave Some... Some Gave All

(image credit: Mental Floss)
I am the wife, daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece, sister in law to great men and women who have served in all branches (except our national Coast Guard) of our military.  I was struck today how lucky and grateful I am that none of those people have died serving our country.  I am blessed to have been related to family members that have served in all the conflicts America has seen since World War I... and quite honestly, probably all the ones before that too since the Revolutionary War, since some of my ancestors came here in the 1600s.

Days like Memorial Day, stir my heart in ways I can never express well.  I have been so overwhelmed by the sacrifices that they have made, those veterans that are still here with us today and those that made the ultimate sacrifice.

I have heard stories of what it is like to be in conflicts and I know I could never fully understand what it was like for them.  I can only empathize and thank everyone of them from the bottom of my heart.  

So today, I am sharing with you some organizations (h/t to Amanda at Moving Mountains) that help serve our military.

Military Organizations

Operation Homefront
Supporting our troops and helping the families they leave behind.
Homes for Our Troops
Building specially adapted homes for our severely injured veterans.
The Navy Seal Foundation
Honoring our warriors. Supporting their families.
Armed Services YMCA
Making military life easier.
Folds of Honor Foundation
Through scholarships and other assistance, we give back to the spouses and children of soldiers killed or disabled in service to our country. (As of January 2013, Folds of Honor had awarded 3,800 scholarships.)


Thank you to all those who have served and tonight pray for those that gave their lives for you and for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.