Friday, May 27, 2016

FF: Reasons I Don't Run Outside


I did something a little crazy the other day.  You see, I was crusin' Facebook and this thing came up about movies in the park.  So I went to look and see what movies were going to be playing this summer.  And as I am looking at those, I made a fantastic discovery...



Yup, that is right.  I signed up.  I am now officially signed up for two 5Ks (TWO).  One in July and one in December.

Part of me is freaking out.  The other is super excited.

The part that is freaking out is the part that realizes that the first race is a little over a month away and I have never run outside before.  I am oddly nervous about running outside.  I don't know why, really.  Maybe it is because there are growly mean dogs out there.  Little snappy dogs.  Cute dogs that might make me stop running so I can pet them and see if they have a collar and if they don't have a collar than I could take them home and they would be potty trained and lazy and fat and would be the best pet in the whole wide world, so amazing it would even clean up it's own poop.

Wait, what was I talking about?  Oh yeah... running outside.

There will be birds who will dive bomb you if you get to close to their nests.  I read in my running magazine that someone was attacked by an owl while running.  One guy was chased by a moose.  A MOOSE people.

There are people in cars out there too.  People who know how to run.  People who know how to run better than me that might look at me and think I am doing it all wrong.

Dogs, birds, oh and dot forget cats who will look at me with mocking disdain, and people....  People in cars.  People mowing their lawns.  People waiting for the school bus.  You know... lots and lots of people.

Don't worry, I am over reacting.  I think I am more nervous about the cats looking at me with disdain.  Jerks.

The part of me that is excited... well, I am going to get a t-shirt!

I will do almost anything for a t-shirt.

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry about people (and cats!) judging you. You know they are almost all too self-absorbed to notice other people (and who cares what cats think?). Is there a high school nearby with a track? At least you wouldn't have to worry about dogs (and moose). Our public school are out, so maybe you can run in relative solitude. Hopefully you will enjoy training -- otherwise, what's the point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. These are all the things I tell myself too but the real reason I don't run is because I am lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. These are all the things I tell myself too but the real reason I don't run is because I am lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! I'm so excited to see your progress and how well you do! You can do it!
    I love the free t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.