Friday, May 20, 2016

Fitness Friday: I'm Going to Pump You Up!


What?  What is that you say?  Why, yes... I suppose it has been a long time since I did a Fitness Friday.  What was that I said about doing these more often... so I would be more accountable?

Stop laughing!

Yes, it was back in January when I proclaimed myself a runner.  Shortly after that, something happened.  An injury?  An illness?  Plain old giving up?  I don't remember.  But yes, my Couch 2 5 K was quickly over.  And I proclaimed myself NOT a runner.


Well, you will be happy to know that I am changing my wicked ways...  Ignore the fact that my husband cruelly brought home a party size bag of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.  You should have seen me passing those out to the kids trying to get rid of them so they would stop tempting me...  I am trying to be better about my diet.  Keeping track of calories.  I stopped taking so many vitamins (only prenatal and a vitamin d3) and started exercising regularly again.


This has made a huge difference.  I have not been feeling so ill and have felt a huge shift in my moods.  I am terribly grateful to my friend Jennifer!  She encouraged me to start going to the ladies' gym with her and makes me lift weights and everything.


Jennifer is a huge inspiration.  She has lost over 100 pounds and is stronger and healthier than I have ever seen her.  She is always there with a firm but encouraging, "You can do this!"

In fact, she made me sign up for something...


I have until December.  And, yes, I can do this!  *GULP*

1 comment:

  1. SSOOOOO excited! That sounds fantastic!!! Maybe I can try and get out there...maybe...I should start researching tickets now! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.