Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Knitting and Running


I still haven't figured out how to knit and run or cycle at the same time.  Have you?  Let me know if you do, you would change my life.

Anyway, I know I have been gone for almost a month!  I won't give you any excuses, you have heard them all and likely lived them as well.  A friend told me today she misses my Fitness Friday posts and I thought, Yeah!   I have a lot to update for Fitness Friday!  And, Hey! I can do an update on my knitting.   So here I am, back in the saddle, while the kids run around playing in the water.

I have not been doing much knitting for the simple reason that every project I want to do, I either can't find the needles for or I don't have the right yarn.  I know what you are saying... so go buy some!  Well, I did, but it hadn't come in the mail yet.  Hurry Knit Picks!  I'm going mad!

I literally got everything ready to make a pair of socks and realized I only had 3 DPNS.  I started to make this dress that you see in the picture for Sofia and I can't find my size 4 needles ANYWHERE.  I should have just gone down to the store and got some, but I have been eyeing these needles at KP for so long, I figured I would just go for it!

So now... I.... Wait...

The dress is the Fiona.  Well, it is more of a tunic really.  I have made it before and loved it, so I thought I would make a bigger one this time.  I've been making so many things for Eva lately that I thought I ought to make something for Sofia.  She is very excited!

As for reading, I haven't been able to do much other than what I am reading with the kids.  We just finished D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths and we are just starting The Lightning Thief .  For me, well I wanted to reread Running Like a Girl , but could not find it anywhere I blame that book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up for everything going missing in my life).  Plus I promised to let a friend borrow it and it has run away (get it?  Get it?  hahaha, sorry... shameful) So I found this book, Runner's World Complete Book of Women's Running, on my shelf and thought it might help motivate me a bit.

So there you have it.  A long winded post about the things I am not knitting and the things I am not reading.

Ok, just so you know, as I was reading through this post, guess what came??



Mary said I made a weird sound what I saw it.  Whatever.  It was joy, ok?  Well, better run!  I got some knitting to do!!!

Going Ginny and Nicole for some crafting excitement.

1 comment:

  1. I keep thinking a stationary bike might work well with knitting; I'm afraid to try it on the treadmill! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.