Friday, July 29, 2016

Fitness Friday: Update!

Ah, Snapchat filters, you should not make me so happy...
I have lost 42 pounds and I have 15 more to go.  

It feels like I have been on this road for a long time.  In fact it has been nearly 4 years.  I lost 75 pounds and then got pregnant.  Sadly, I gained about 50 back.  I dealt with horrible prenatal and postpartum depression which made controlling my diet nearly impossible.

Back in January of 2015, I decided it was time to get healthy again.  I had to drop that 50 I gained back.  Little did I think it would take me a year and half just too loose most of it.  I try not to get too discouraged.  The depression and all the ups and downs that came with it, plus all the weird health issues that kept popping up, made loosing weight this time a lot harder.

This, my friends, is what my weight loss has looked like.  It is messy.  That lowest drop there... I don't know what happened there, I think it was a fluke.  Motivation has been super hard.

I was talking with a friend today, wondering what I should be doing to just drop thee last pounds.  I thought maybe I should stop tracking all my food.  That maybe I was becoming more focused on calories than good food vs. bad food.  But the truth is, when I don't track, I give in a lot easier.  Tracking let's me see what I am going to eat for the day and help keep me focused on my goal.  I have come to realize that I am less likely to slip into bad eating habits if I track all my food.

I have also had to make some changes with my workouts.  This was sad, but I have had to stop going to the gym for now.  After my last health scare... by the way all tests results came back cancer free!!!!... I have been given the go ahead to return to my old habits.  But, in the last month I have realized that I was gone too much.  I have little ones and they need me.  So I am having to forgo the gym for now.  I will focus on cardio from home.  Going on a big bike ride once a week is a much better option than being gone every other day.

So there you have it.  An update.  I have 15 pounds to go.  I don't have cancer.  I don't have diabetes.  I can exercise again!  Considering I have averaged 2.33 pounds a month loss in the last 18 months, it should only take me... 6 more months?!?!  Well, crud.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!...I have about 50 to lose...I applaud your hard work.I thought if I just looked at food I gained, but now I realize if I even smell it I gain!;) My last baby is getting bigger and I guess it is time to really focus on this area of my life. I am new to your blog and am enjoying looking through all of your posts! God Bless, Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.