Wednesday, July 6, 2016

On My Needles and On My Nightstand This Week


I haven't done a yarn along and Keep Calm Craft On in awhile, so I thought I would share with you a little of what is making me blind.  

I am reading two books right now.  W.I.N.E. is doing an amazing book club this summer with the book Blessed Are You: Finding Inspiration from Our Sisters in Faith.  I have not been able to do any of the online stuff, like I had hoped, but I am reading a saint a day.  I have been trying to do a rosary everyday.  I had gotten out of the habit and a little while ago thought it would be such a peaceful thing to add to my day.  So when I finish my rosary, I sip on some coffee and read a section out of this GREAT book.  I highly recommend it!

I am also reading The Lady of the Rivers.  I have read The Red Queen and liked it very much.  I realized, however, that it was the third in a series of books on the War of the Roses!  So I am starting at the beginning (I think).  I just finished watching the miniseries on Amazon The White Queen, which I believe is still on Prime.  There are, of course, a lot of... well... breasts, to be blunt, so you've been warned.  But not nearly as bad as some other series I have tried to watch.  I love historical period pieces, I wish they didn't have so many naked people in them, lol.  Most of the raunchy stuff was at the beginning, as I recall, so just close your eyes and fast forward.


 As for knitting, I am still working on Sofia's Fiona.  I am worried it will not be done by her birthday at the end of August.  It seemed such a doable goal, but then it is a size six and fingering weight yarn.  What on earth was I thinking??

8 comments:

  1. Your yarn is totally beautiful! I cast on a Fiona several years ago but was still a newer knitter and didn't seem to figure out the pattern and frogged it permanently! I loved it though and bet I could do it now! Yours is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pattern, I love the yarn colour. Good luck with finishing it in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything other than socks in fingering weight yarn is a slog! My rosary brings me such peace. Even if I don't recite it, just holding the beads is a calming feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn is lovely and the pattern is so cute! It's only the beginning of July - you will make it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yarn is gorgeous and a lovely pattern. I'm sure you will finish it. Nearing deadlines are always such motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your knitting is beautiful. I really like that yarn. Your books sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweater looks pretty and like you have a great start on it! I watched the White Queen; there are some more raunchy sections, but on the whole not too bad. I rather liked it and just fast forwarded, or knitted!, when necessary. I've read most of the books now, though out of order. If you look at her website she has a timeline so you can read them in order, if you like.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.