Friday, December 9, 2016

(FF): Update on My Crazy

Kale and Quinoa Minestrone
So last week I told you that I was going vegan.  And I have done it MOSTLY for the last couple weeks.  I have to admit it did help me in some ways but it didn't in others.  It seemed almost like a trade off between one extreme and another.

So where does that leave me?

Good question.  I have decided that I need to add more fruits and veggies into my diet.  That I need to say NO to dairy.  I probably need to be closer on the Paleo side of things, but that I shouldn't just eat meat.  Which I think is what I was doing.  I wasn't eating enough fruit and veggies, I was eating meat, meat, and more meat.

I like the idea of a vegan diet but in reality I am just not sure how to make it work in a family of 11 people who are not all in the same boat.  I would end up making two meals every night.  One of the reasons I had thought about going vegan was because I thought it might save us money on our astronomical grocery bills.  But making two meals a night is not going to be saving me anything, especially not my sanity.

So I am going to find a middle ground and not worry about labels anymore.  I am just going to eat the things that make me feel strong and healthy.  I'm going to stop worrying about being on "this or that diet"!

Wish me luck!

Also, going back to a bit of crazy, I have thought about possibly making these Fitness Friday posts... videos!  I played with it a little bit today but decided against it this week. So you will miss out on me trying to do videos... this time!

Until next week!  Stay healthy and happy!

1 comment:

  1. Find a you centered diet! I used to say I ate paleo expect, x,y,z turns out I really just eat what works best for me. There's no diet name for that. It's just clean eating with a twist maybe? LOL
    Good luck! Wooh, feeding 11 is A LOT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.