The other day a dear friend of ours gave us a most wonderful gift. You see, around here, we have a thing for Irish Cream. It cannot be in the house very often. It is a weakness.
So this dear friend gave us some homemade Irish Cream. It was SO GOOD. I had to have that recipe. Lucky for me she agreed and now I can share it with you! This would make a fabulous Christmas gift for others, or let's be honest, for yourself.
Homemade Irish Cream
- 1 cup Heavy Cream (I used Half & Half because that is what I had)
- 14 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Irish Whiskey
- 1 teaspoon Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/3 cup Frangelico Hazelnut Liquor
Place all the ingredients in a blender and whip it up till beautifully combined. That is it! You can store it in a tight lidded container for up to three weeks, but trust me, it won't last that long. This would be great for a New Year's party too!
Here is a picture of the original article by Matt Dinsmore for his Happy Hour column: