Wednesday, January 11, 2017

On My Needles This Week

Joining Nicole and Ginny to share what is on my needles and on my nightstand this week.


This week has been a bit nuts.  We have a virus rampaging through the house.  It has been worse for others but has still taken a toll on our back to school week and, of course... my knitting time!  I know, such suffering.

I actually finished a sock.  Can you believe it?  I really enjoyed making this sock, and I will talk more about it in this week's podcast, so long as I don't succumb overly much to the illness.  But this yarn was a lot of fun.  The colors were so funky and fun.  I am also happy to announce I have cast on the second sock!  I promised myself I would not cast on a new pair until I finish this pair.  And I am dying to start working with the Holi yarn from Madelintosh that I got for Christmas.


I was working on a hat for Evie, but I just couldn't do it.  I was so bored with it and all I had done was the ribbing.  So I frogged it and decided that perhaps I needed to do some selfish knitting.  I cast on the Pasha hat and I am super excited.  I love Jane Richmond's designs.

As for reading I just finished a great 90's romance novel, Until You (which is third in a series of Judith McNaught's books).  I really have a soft spot for these older romances and they always make me long to get back to writing... someday... someday...  When I was almost done with my romance I got notice from the library that a book I had been waiting for had come in!  I loved The Snow Child, so I am thrilled to get into Eowyn Ivey's latest novel To the Bright Edge of the World.  I am hoping to start today!


Looking forward to checking out everyone else's posts and hope you guys will join me for my knitting and such podcasts on You Tube!

1 comment:

  1. I remember that Snow Child definitely kept me turning pages but when I finished it, I wasn't sure that I liked it. I just read the summary of her new book, and it sounds worth a read for sure! Hope you enjoy it as much as you did her first one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.