Wednesday, February 1, 2017

My Granny Stripe

We have been so sick here lately and between trying to get better and homeschool the kiddos I have had little time to come here and update you guys on my madness.  So today I thought I would join up with Nicole and Ginny and share what is on my needles and on my nightstand!


Little Bobbins Knits and Legacy Knitz with countless others inspired me to actually start this project.  I was nervous about since it is fingering weight yarn and I'm making it for my bed!  It is a massive project but one I am totally in love with.


You can find a tutorial on Lucy at Attic 24's website.  She uses DK weight yarn but the main idea about this blanket is to try and get rid of sock yarn stash.  Now I have not made a lot of socks, I am working on that this year, but I do have a bot of fingering weight yarn, so I thought I would give it a go!

I am so in LOVE with this project.  it is so comforting and beautiful to work on.  It is also kind of a kick to see where your color preferences seem to go... or at least where they went, since it is mostly stash!

As for reading I am about to start on A Man Called Ove.  I have heard really good things.  I also recently picked up Searching for and Maintaining Peace but I am thinking I might save that for Lent.


What are you guys working?  Hopefully I will have another podcast up this week, hope to see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.