Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy Easter!


Oh my.  I don't know about you all but I am so happy it is Easter.  My Lent was very Lent.  And I learned more lessons than I imagined or really cared to learn.  Even up until the very last day, challenges abounded and I was more than overwhelmed by it all.


Easter was a blessing.  A chaotic, sugar induced blessing.  The words of Saint John Paul II played in my head all day, "Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.”  


The morning started with a beautiful mass surrounded by the people I love.  My husband barbecued tri-tip (so that was one thing I didn't have to think about!),  we had mashed potatoes (that my son started for me), deviled eggs (which Becca made), and asparagus wrapped in bacon.  We have two pies, Paleo Key Lime and Against All Grain's Lemon Meringue.  


The best part was just being able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of Lent and the celebration of our Risen Christ!

Portuguese Sweet bread.  I didn't get any  Poor me.  Evil GLUTEN.
I used lard, doubled the yeast, and added lemon zest.


Books the kids got:

Playing with Becca's Nintendo Switch


"Hey dad!  Don't worry!  I caught the Easter Bunny!!
Becca and her wonderful man Kris.
We were so blessed to have them both able to come and spend the day with us!


Some of the eggs were just too obvious to find easily, I guess.


And some people were more interested in dandelions.


Hope you all had an amazing Easter.  

Here is to a beautiful and blessing filled season!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to bless me with a visit and a comment.